When Nina opened her home as a foster parent to two siblings, she committed to making them feel safe, secure, and loved. The Foundling provided guidance, intensive therapy services, and more to support her and the children as they healed from past trauma and adjusted to a new environment.
Nina, Grace, and Logan are now a thriving family – and with adoption paperwork finalized last year, they will have each other for a lifetime. “They’re biological siblings, and it’s amazing that they get to be together – I think they feel blessed, and I also feel blessed,” says Nina.
But they couldn’t have reached this point without supporters like you. As a nonprofit organization, we rely on the generosity of our community to fund our vital services. We provide tools, resources, and support to 30,000 children, adults, and families across New York City and Puerto Rico – and with the events of the past year, this support is more crucial than ever as we work to move forward.
This is what supporters like you make possible – ensuring that children, adults, and families across New York City and Puerto Rico have the safety, support, and resources to succeed. We help our community overcome challenges – from new foster parents opening their homes to adults with developmental disabilities seeking employment – and your help is what allows us to guide these neighbors along their paths to success.
Today is Giving Tuesday – a global day of giving to charitable causes. As a nonprofit organization, we rely on the generosity of our community to make our vital programs possible. And with the events of the past year, this support is more crucial than ever as our neighbors work to recover and move beyond the pandemic. Donations are tax-deductible, and every dollar can provide crucial support to a family in need. Together, we can partner to make a difference.
Make a donation today and give children, adults, and families across New York and Puerto Rico the gift of opportunity:
$1,000 can fund 4 months of therapy for a family in need
|$500 can underwrite a day-long group outing in the community for adults with developmental disabilities||
$100 can provide holiday gifts for 10 children attending Haven Academy
Interested in other ways to support The Foundling this holiday season?
- Join our Holiday Gift Drive: Help us bring joy to families this holiday season! Purchase a gift from our Amazon wish list, or click here to download our flyer which contains information about other ways to donate items.
- Give back on AmazonSmile: Visit AmazonSmile and choose The New York Foundling as your AmazonSmile charity. The Foundling will receive a portion of every dollar you spend – a simple way to give back as you shop online, at no cost to you!
- Start a Fundraiser: If you’re on Facebook, you and your network can easily support The Foundling! Visit our Facebook page and start a fundraiser to support the children, adults, and families in our programs.
- Get Involved: Browse volunteer opportunities and ways to give back here. Or deepen your Foundling connection by signing up for our mailing list, joining our Junior Board, or exploring and sharing your Foundling roots.
- Make a Legacy Gift: Include The Foundling in your estate plans, ensuring that our work continues for generations to come. Learn more here.