Centers of Excellence
The Strong Families and Communities Training Center
Partnering with the New York City’s Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, The Foundling was proud to launch our Strong Families and Communities Training Center in October of 2020.
The three core areas The Center focuses on include: trainings and technical assistance, implementation support for evidence-based practices, and coalition building and community engagement:
Training and Technical Assistance for Youth and Family Peer Advocates
- The Center’s expert Peer Advisors lived experiences help to enhance and support diverse perspectives and ideas
- Trainings for youth and family peer advocates offer both live and recorded sessions to allow for scheduling flexibility
- Conduct regular listening sessions with youth and family peer advocates to identify community needs
Implementation support for evidence-based practices
- Implementation Science Experts to help other child and family-serving organizations to implement these Evidence-Based Practices
- Expand the scope and quality of the care to those that need it most
- The Center’s approach to implementation support is collaborative, inclusive, and interactive
Coalition Building and Community Engagement
- The Center uses an evidence-based community-organizing approach to make sure that the support works!
- The Center’s use of Communities that Care to elevate voice from all aspects of the community
- The Center Staff will take part in community events and meetings throughout the City