We are currently looking for Full Time, Part Time, and Per Diem Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) to support our Developmental Disabilities Division. These positions are located in our residential homes located throughout the 5 boroughs and surrounding counties.
Learn More about The Foundling’s Developmental Disabilities Division
Direct Support Professionals are essential to our Developmental Disabilities Division. These employees work directly with the people in our care, providing support to ensure their daily needs are met and that they are working toward their personal goals.
- Ensuring appropriate supervision, health and safety of program participants
- Assisting in daily living skills (e.g. personal hygiene, food preparation, housekeeping, laundry, shopping)
- Planning and preparing balanced meals
- Cleaning and maintaining residential unit
- Assisting individuals with the purchase of groceries, clothing, hygiene supplies and other items
- Transporting and escorting participants on recreational activities, medical appointment, home visits, etc
- Ensuring that participants’ medication is administered as necessary
- Completing daily progress notes and ensure participant’s plan of care is implemented
- Observing and reporting regressive and unusual behavior and working cooperatively with clinical staff
- HS Diploma/GED.
- A NY, NJ, CT, or PA driver’s license with no more than 6 points.
- AMAP, SCIP, CPR, and First Aid Certifications preferred.
- Experience working with adults that have developmental disabilities
We currently are recruiting for Full Time, Part Time and Per Diem shifts.
We have 3 shifts throughout our residences: morning, evening and overnight. The most common schedules for these shifts are as follows:
Mornings: 7am-3pm and 8am-4pm
Evenings: 3pm-11pm and 4pm-12am
Overnights: 11pm-7am, 12am-8am, and 11pm-9am