How We’re Taking Action Against COVID
The New York Foundling’s COVID-19 Response
The New York Foundling continues to be proactive in our efforts to provide support, stability and strength to the children, adults, and families in our communities and neighborhoods across New York and Puerto Rico.
While much of our work is now being done remotely, many of The Foundling’s essential programs, including our residences for people with developmental disabilities, continue to operate with on-site staff. Whether at home or in the field and on the front lines, our workforce remains strong and committed to those we serve.
Our leadership team is working in coordination with the Administration for Children’s Services, the New York State Office of Children and Family Services, the Office for People with Development Disabilities, and other agencies to determine how we can safely continue our programs and services and quickly respond to the changing needs of our community. We are closely monitoring the news, and will adapt accordingly.
Since 1869, we have been here for New Yorkers – in times of prosperity and crisis – and have no plans to stop. Together, we are helping our community cope with the fear and insecurity brought on by this pandemic by:
- Keeping our medical and mental health clinics open
- Hosting foster parent orientations online
- Having therapists, interventionists, and social workers connect with the children and families on their caseload through video conference
- Distributing Chromebooks, MiFi devices, and other equipment to ensure that students in our Educational programs have the technology and access necessary to continue their academic growth
- Deploying tele-health and tele-mental health virtual appointments
- Having our Nutritionist team arrange food donations, adapt menus and discuss personalized diets plans for people with developmental disabilities living in our supportive homes
We are grateful for the continued involvement and unwavering support of everyone in our Foundling family, and know we will make it through this together.