The holiday season is the time of year when we all show our appreciation for friends, family, community, and loved ones.
At The Foundling, we also show our appreciation for the kids, families, and individuals we empower by ensuring they end the year on a positive and bright note!
Take a look at all the ways we’ve been celebrating in the days leading up to Christmas:
- Annual Lobby Decorating with Macy’s: A crew of volunteers from Macy’s helped us kick off the holiday season in style again this year when they came by to deck the lobby and other nooks of our Chelsea location.
- PJ Clarke’s Wreath Decorating Party: Kids in foster care had a blast at PJ Clarke’s in Lincoln Square, where they crafted wreaths for Christmas with volunteers.
- One Simple Wish Party at Haven Academy Charter School: One Simple Wish spent time foster youth at The Foundling’s Mott Haven Academy Charter School, working to ensure they felt special this holiday season. Whoopi Goldberg came along for the fun and read The Night Before Christmas, and Major Attaway (Genie from Broadway’s Aladdin) performed “Never Had a Friend Like Me.” The kids received gifts and tickets to see the Broadway show, to boot.
- Deaf Services Family Holiday Party: Kids and parents who work with our Deaf Services department attended a holiday party and took photos with Santa.
- Crisis Nursery Celebration with Macy’s: Santa and his elves visited the kids in our Crisis Nursery and gave out gifts. The day was filled with food and holiday songs, too!
- Masquerade Ball for The Foundling’s Developmental Disabilities Division and Clients: Individuals involved with our Developmental Disabilities programs and staff rejoiced for the season at a masquerade ball in the Bronx.
- Toy Distributions: In addition to parties, we were able to distribute more than 6,000 gifts to clients of all ages across Foundling programs, with many thanks to major corporate sponsors. Santa and the Bridge & Tunnel Association even came to The Foundling’s Manhattan location to give out toys to kids from Haven Academy.
As we wrap up all of the holiday fun and approach the New Year, all of us here at The Foundling want to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!