Father’s Day is coming up and we all know how hard it can be to show the man in your life (whether it’s your foster dad, dad, grandfather, uncle or any other father figure) how much you care. But we also know that he’s wonderful to you and it’s important to say thanks. Below are some ideas to get your brainstorm started!
1. Take him out to the ballgame! What dad doesn’t love a sunny day watching sports?
2. Take a hike – get outdoors with your father or father figure, chances are, he spends a whole lot of time working hard and would love the break
3. Help him out with some chores. It doesn’t matter if it’s taking out the trash, washing the car or cleaning up the yard, Dad deserves a break today; make sure he doesn’t have to worry!
4. A handmade card is appreciated by all, and men love sentiment too. Tell him how much he means to you, and if it’s easier to write it down, by all means, do it that way.
5. Get a photo of the two of you printed and framed for him to keep in his bedroom or at his desk. Even better, write a quick note on the back of the photo before it goes in the frame so he can remember when you gave it to him just by flipping it over!
From all of us at The Foundling, a very Happy Father’s Day to all the fathers and father figures out there, you are so very important and so very loved!