We all strive to impact our communities in a positive light. But sometimes it may feel daunting to find the perfect opportunity. At The Foundling, there are myriad of ways to get involved and help out! In this 3-part series, we will share how a little bit of time and energy can make a huge difference for the 30,000 children and families served by The Foundling each year.
- Young Mothers Support: Help care for young children and babies while their mothers are working or completing their schoolwork.
- Build Baby Bundles: Assemble care bundles with necessities for new families; include items like diapers, wipes, bottles, new clothes & infant formula. (This is a great opportunity for groups!)
- Host Your Personal Baby Shower & Donate: Are you having a baby? Congratulations! It’s exciting and fun to celebrate the birth of a baby with a baby shower but some moms having their second and third children feel that they do not need more supplies, clothing or gear. A great solution is to ask guests to bring new baby items for one of the babies in The Foundling’s care instead!
- Foster Parent Appreciation: Support Foundling staff by helping to coordinate and manage the annual appreciation party, giving well-deserved thanks to foster parents in Foundling homes.
- Join Our Lunch List: Share what you do with our kids! Host a Foundling teen for an afternoon at your office where they can experience firsthand the ins and outs of your professional life.
Interested in helping out? Please email email@example.com and keep an eye out for the next segment in this series for more opportunities!